A Home Owners Association Located in Beautiful Mason County, Washington
“Green was the silence, wet was the light,
Computer Breach - What we know:
1. We identified an issue with the office computers when we experienced computer problems on one of our machines a little over a week and a half ago. We contacted Hood Canal, our IT service provider. They took the affected machine to their shop and notified us that they found an unauthorized hard drive which they removed. We shut down our systems, had all the door locks re-keyed and contacted the Sheriff's office to file a report. Hood Canal came out and reviewed our system and scanned for virus or other unauthorized programs and found none. We obtained a referral for a forensic computer specialist.
2. We turned the systems back on and still experienced issues.
3. We had Hood Canal install an additional firewall. The forensic specialist advised that we keep our system down until he could review.
4. Currently all of our hard drives are either being examined or are in transit to be examined. As we are updated we will update this information here.
5. We have no indication that any personal data was stolen.
Again, this is what we know. As we find out more we will update.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact the office or email email@example.com